Swiss residents are extremely strict about the peace of others. It was in this country that the legislator came to mind prohibit noisily flushing the toilet after ten hours evenings, as this may interfere with the neighbors. However, modern Swiss plumbing makes violating this law almost impossible. Drain tanks are available with increased sound insulation, in addition, they are designed in such a way that water flows silently through special pipes, instead of crashing down with a crash.
The city-state of Singapore is known throughout the world for its cleanliness and huge fines for trying to violate this cleanliness. So, for the garbage thrown on the street they are fined for the amount equivalent to 600 dollars. In addition, here for 12 years has been chewing gum banned - A radical way to deal with hooligans who sculpt it anywhere. The ban was canceled only in 2004, when chewing gum appeared on the shelves of Singaporean pharmacies.
African Swaziland recently passed a stupid law, forbidding women to wear underpants. The norm was sanctioned by the local monarch, who proclaimed a return to tradition, while underpants - underwear that was not traditional for Swaziland women. The punishment for wearing underpants is rather humiliating: the soldiers tear them from a woman and tear them into small pieces. True, it remains unclear how law enforcers will see lingerie if, according to the law issued by the same monarch, Swaziland residents over 10 years old must wear skirts no higher than the knee.
The Times also recalls that in London, any free citizen is allowed without paying a fee carry a flock of sheep across the London Bridge. In addition, a free citizen has the opportunity to drive geese on Chipside. But a plague-sick person is forbidden to stop taxis on the streets.
In Bahrain, a gynecologist has the right to examine the female genitaliabut cannot look directly at them, but only at their reflection in the mirror. In some Muslim countries, the law permits sexual intercourse with animals, but exclusively with females. In Lebanon, a man faces the death penalty for having a relationship with a male animal. In Indonesia, they can chop off his head for masturbation.
In defending public morality, state and state legislators also show some inappropriate jealousy. For example, in Italy a man in a skirt could be arrested. It is clear, of course, which men in skirts are in question, but what should Scots do in Italy to honor their traditions?
Ohio women it is forbidden to wear patent leather shoes: It is believed that shoes can reflect underwear. In Iowa, it’s forbidden to kiss for more than five minutes. And the last in this category is a mysterious Florida law that prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sundays. This must also be related to public morality.
In Vermont, a wife must get husband’s written consent for the installation of dentures. In London, the head of any dead whale found on the shore belongs to the king. The tail of such a whale belongs to the queen if she needs a whalebone for a corset.
Blindfolded driving is prohibited in Alabama. In Ohio, it is strictly forbidden to drink fish with alcohol. In Boulder City, Colorado, you cannot kill birds. In addition, it is against the law to own pets. Thus, anyone who holds a cat or dog is officially called a "pet serving"
About the smaller brothers:
Don’t put a donkey in the bathroom in Arizona
In Alaska, it is forbidden to wake bears to photograph them, as well as throw live moose from the plane.
In Polling, a policeman has the right to bite a dog to calm her down.
In the city of Montgomery (Alabama), umbrellas cannot be opened to passers-by on the street so as not to scare the horses
In Hollywood, more than 2,000 sheep cannot be bred simultaneously on Hollywood Blvd.
In Texas, you cannot shoot a buffalo from the second floor of the hotel.
In Washington, it is considered illegal to ride an ugly horse (by what principles the beauty of a horse is determined is not clear)
In Denmark: If a horse gets scared when driving past a horse-drawn carriage, the driver must curbside and stop in accordance with the law. If a horse starts to get very nervous and has to be reassured, the driver is legally should cover the car with something. An attempt to escape from prison is not considered a crime, but if the fugitive is caught, he will have to spend his time in prison. You can not start the car if someone is under it. When driving, the headlights of the car must always be on so that it can be distinguished from standing cars. When driving in front of the car, a person must go waving a flag to warn horse-drawn carts about the approach of the car.
In England: Members of Parliament are prohibited from entering the House of Commons in armor. All English, over 14 years old, required to practice archery for 2 hours a week under the guidance of a local priest. A man is allowed to urinate in a public place if this happens at the rear wheel of his car and his right hand is on the car.
In China: It is against the law to save a drowning person, as this is an interference with his fate. In order for a student to be allowed to attend college, he must be smart.
In Canada: Every fifth song on Canadian radio must be performed by a Canadian citizen, so Celine Dion and Brian Adams can be heard on the air very often.
Paying for a thing that costs 50 cents, using only pennies (1 cent), is against the law.
It is forbidden to launch rockets in an area not intended for this. A violator of this law may be fined $ 75.
What about Russian laws? Any suggestions?
Laws of other countries
5. There are two states: Philippines and Vatican City where divorce is considered illegal.
6. In Thailand, the law is prohibited tread on money.
7. In Singapore, the sale of chewing gum is punishable by a fine of $ 1,000. Spitting gum also illegal and may lead to arrest.
8. In 2012, China passed a law requiring adult children to visit their parents frequently. They are also prescribed meet the spiritual needs of parents.
9. In South Carolina, USA there is a law prohibiting "comic marriage proposal"according to which no person over 16 is allowed to make an offer if he does not intend to do so.
10. In Iowa, USA, a man with a mustache should not kiss a woman in public.
11. In the UK, it is illegal to pick up salmon in suspicious circumstances.
12. In Virginia, USA husband has no right to push a woman out of bed.
13. In the UK, pets are not allowed to mate with any pets from the royal house.
14. In Utah, USA, the husband is responsible for his wife’s actions, provided that he is with her at the time of these actions.
15. In some parts of India, a man who has debts may offer your wife until the debt is paid.
16. In Greece, anyone who wants to get married must post a marriage announcement in a newspaper or on a notice board in the city administration.
17. In France, it is considered illegal to marry a dead man.
18. In Hong Kong wife allowed by law to kill husbandif she discovers that he is cheating on her. However, she will have to kill him with her bare hands.
19. It is illegal in the UK drive a cow while intoxicated.
20. In Florida, USA it is forbidden to let out gases in a public place after 18 o’clock on Thursdays.
21. By law, any whale or beluga caught in the UK is the property of the Queen.
22. In Samoa illegally forget your wife’s birthday.
23. In Turin, Italy, dog owners should take their dogs for a walk at least three times a day.
Funny laws of the countries
24. To Honolulu in Hawaii forbidden to sing loudly after sunset.
25. In the state of Victoria in Australia it is forbidden to change a bulbif you are not a qualified electrician.
26. In Bangladesh, children 15 years and older can be sent to prison for the use of cheat sheets on exams.
27. In Florida, USA, divorced or widowed women are not allowed to parachute on Sunday afternoon.
28. It is prohibited in Switzerland flush the toilet after 22 hours in the evening.
29. In China, there is a law according to which a person must be smart in order to go to university.
30. It is illegal in France call a pig Napoleon.
Stupid laws of Europe
- Before starting the car, the driver must check the headlights, brakes, steering and sound signal. In addition, an external inspection is necessary to ensure that no children are hiding under the machine.
- If a horse is frightened when driving past a horse-drawn carriage, in accordance with the law, the driver must curbside and stop. If the horse begins to get very nervous and has to be reassured, according to the law the driver must cover the car with something.
- An attempt to escape from prison is not considered a crime, but if the fugitive is caught, he will have to spend his time in prison.
- You can not start the car if someone is under it.
- When driving, the headlights of the car must always be on so that it can be distinguished from standing cars.
- When driving in front of the car, a person must go waving a flag to warn horse-drawn carts about the approach of the car.
- Members of Parliament are prohibited from entering the House of Commons in armor.
- All Englishmen who have reached the age of 14 are required to practice archery for 2 hours a week under the guidance of a local priest.
- A man is allowed to urinate in a public place if this happens at the rear wheel of his car and his right hand is on the car.
- Allowed to shoot Welshmen with a bow within the city walls after midnight.
- Allowed to shoot Welshmen with a bow in the territory belonging to the cathedral on Sundays during the day.
- London hired carriages (taxis) are required by law to carry a bale of hay or a bag of oats.
- When meeting with the Scotsman on any day of the week, except Sunday, it is allowed to shoot him with a bow
- If the Scot farts on Sunday, he is allowed to shoot him with a bow
- It is forbidden to plant or park flying saucers in vineyards throughout France.
- It is against the law for pig owners to call Napoleon the piglet.
The most stupid laws in the world
Absolutely, one of the laws of South Korea will never be met in Russia. There, traffic police officers were obliged to inform the management of the bribes received for the shift.
In Denmark, prisoners can legally escape from prison. They, of course, are caught, but they are not punished for escaping. In the Canadian province of Alberta, criminals released from prison are supposed to give a horse and a loaded pistol, and this is so that they leave the city.
In Idaho, do not fish while riding a camel.
Baltimore is prohibited from attending a theater with lions. Under the threat of a fine in Arizona, a donkey cannot be put to sleep in the bathroom. In New Orleans, it’s best not to attach crocodiles to hydrants.
In St. Louis, you should generally be careful. You can’t sit on the pavement and drink beer from a bucket.
In Nerfolk, Virginia, you cannot have sex while riding a motorbike. Nebraska has a foolish law prohibiting whale fishing. And this despite the fact that in the state of the sea there is no mention.
The maths after visiting Indiana will be in shock. By law, the number "Pi" is not 3.14, but 4.
The strangest laws in the world
In Andorra, it is better not to meddle with lawyers, since they are prohibited there.
Minnesota will delight in prison for the fact that a person sleeps naked.
in Iowa (at Fort Madison), firefighters need to conduct a 15-minute training before each fire trip.
In St. Louis, a special law applies to people who choose the dangerous profession of a fireman. They should not save naked women, as well as those women who were not lucky enough to wear a nightgown or bathrobe.
A strange law from the city of Pensacala. A woman who died due to the careless use of an electrical appliance in the bathroom is required to pay a fine of $ 100.
The most ridiculous laws in the world
The city of Itobicoca, which is located in the Canadian province of Alberta, again replenishes the list of the most stupid laws in the world. It is forbidden to pour water into the bathtub during water procedures higher than 10 centimeters.
Absolutely ridiculous law from Miami. You can not ride a bicycle there if it is not equipped with an audible signal. Cyclists are prohibited from using the horn at the same time.
The most stupid laws of the USA
The list of the most ridiculous laws of the United States is quite impressive. Most of them went to the Americans "by inheritance", have long been irrelevant, but not canceled, although no one would ever think to use them.
In Ohio, you can’t throw reptiles. In Nebraska, in the city of Lehai, the law prohibits the sale of bagel holes. In Los Angeles, a husband cannot beat his wife with a belt if he is wider than two inches. The law can be violated if there is a preliminary consent of the wife.
You can’t shoot bison from the second floor of a hotel in Texas. In Alabama, do not get involved in driving a blindfolded car. And in Alaska it is not allowed to wake bears to photograph them. You can’t just throw live moose out of an airplane.
In Indiana, bathing between October and March is strictly prohibited. Cutting a cactus is considered a serious crime in Arizona. The offender can get up to 25 years in prison.
In Hartford, Connecticut, you cannot cross the roadway in your arms. But in Baltimore you should not throw haystacks from the second floor. In Oxford, women do not even have to think about undressing in front of a portrait of a man.
In Pennsylvania, no more than sixteen women can live in the same house. According to local lawmakers, 17 women in the house are already a brothel. However, the law allows 120 men to live together.
In California, special tracking of animals, as they are forbidden to mate at a distance closer than 500 meters from public places.
You should carefully study the law before heading to Connecticut. Among other things, it is forbidden to ride a bicycle there at a speed of more than one hundred kilometers per hour. In Devon, in the same state, you cannot walk backwards after sunset.
- You will have to pay a fine of $ 600 if you are detained for throwing chewing gum onto the sidewalk. If you don’t have the money to pay the fine, you may be sent to prison.
- To step on any coins and banknotes of the national currency is an offense.
- Every fifth song on Canadian radio should be performed by a Canadian citizen, so the songs of Celine Dion and Brian Adams can be heard very often on the air.
- Paying for a thing that costs 50 cents, using only pennies (1 cent), is against the law.
It is forbidden to launch rockets in an area not intended for this. A violator of this law may be fined $ 75.
- Firms are required by law to have a railing in order to tie horses.
- After being released from prison, according to the law, the former prisoner is required to provide a loaded pistol and a horse so that he can leave the city.
- All signs must be written in French. If the owner of the company wants to place a sign in English, then the letters of the English inscription should be two times smaller than the letters of the French inscription. Laws governing the use of labels in other languages do not exist.
- Outside the premises, all inscriptions should be made only in French.
It is against the law to light fireworks and play snowballs without permission from the city council.
Edmonton All cyclists, before making a turn, are required to point this out with their hand. At the same time, they must constantly keep both hands on the steering wheel.
Stupid US Laws
- According to the decree of the city council "dogs should not be in public places without a master on a leash."
- According to the order of the city authorities, a person must own at least two cows before he is allowed to wear cowboy boots.
- An explosion of a nuclear device within a city could result in a fine of $ 500.
- Screening of horror films is permitted only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- In accordance with the law, driving more than 200 sheep along Hollywood Boulevard is simultaneously prohibited.
- It is forbidden to bathe two children in the same bath at the same time.
- It is not allowed to cry when testifying in court.
- It is forbidden to lick toads. Toads secrete a substance that some lick in order to achieve the effect of narcotic effects.
- The police are not allowed to stop you for cycling at speeds above 65 mph.
- A pickled cucumber must be resilient in order to be officially recognized as such.
Delaware It is against the law to try to lay your own prosthesis in a pawnshop.
Maine Homeowners may be fined if they do not remove Christmas decorations before January 14th.
Missouri Any city can impose a tax on the maintenance of the orchestra if the mayor plays the small flute in this orchestra and every musician knows how to eat peas with a knife.
Tennessee Women are prohibited from driving, unless a man is walking or running in front of the car, waving a red flag to warn pedestrians and other drivers of danger.
- Waterbury (Connecticut)
Beauticians are not allowed to mumble, hum and whistle when working with a client.
Sterling (Colorado) Cats are allowed to run freely only if they have taillights.
Lewis (Delaware) Marriage in a dispute is the legal basis for the dissolution of such a marriage.
Chicago (Illinois) Animals can also be jailed. The monkey spent five days in jail for shoplifting.
Joliet (Illinois) A woman can be arrested for trying on more than six dresses in a store at a time.
Kenilworth (Illinois) Roosters who are about to crow should move 300 feet from their homes, and 200 feet of chickens.
Natoma (Kansas) It is against the law to practice knife throwing using men wearing striped suits as targets.
Portland (Maine) A person walking down the street should have their shoelaces tied
Rumford (Maine) Residents are not allowed to bite homeowners.
Minneapolis (Minnesota) The person guilty of double parking should be shackled and kept on bread and water.
Clinton County (Ohio) A person leaning against a public building may be fined.
Oxford (Ohio) It is illegal for a woman to take off her clothes in front of a portrait of a man.
Polding (Ohio) A policeman has the right to bite a dog to silence it.
Klamath Falls (Oregon)
Allentown (PA) All fire hydrants should be checked one hour before the fire.
Richmond (Virginia) It is against the law to throw a coin in a restaurant to find out who will pay for coffee.
Racine (Wisconsin) It is forbidden to wake sleeping firefighters.
Saint Croix (Wisconsin)